• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DanS1982

Identify These Wires Please.....

DanS1982

Can anyone tell me what this wire is for? I'm guessing speaker?

whatsthis1.jpg

Also, which of these are the postive and neg for the fuel pump (these go into the large rubber gromit under the rear seats)?

whatsthis2.jpg

Cheers,

Dan

cybernck

yeah the first pic should be speaker wiring.

on the 2nd pic there should be 5 wires - 2 for the fuel pump and 3 for the fuel level sender.

the thickest of the white's is the positive and the thickest of the green's negative for the pump.

but i have also seen blue ones...

DanS1982
yeah the first pic should be speaker wiring.

on the 2nd pic there should be 5 wires - 2 for the fuel pump and 3 for the fuel level sender.

the thickest of the white's is the positive and the thickest of the green's negative for the pump.

but i have also seen blue ones...

Thanks, that clears that up then!

Is it possible to run a main feed from the battery into a relay and use the fuel pump pos (from exsisting fuel pump relay) to turn on the new relay? IE, run the pump directly off the battery?

I've done this on other cars but not a 205, will it work on the same way?

Cheers,

Dan

cybernck

well if you give the pump +12v there, it will run, so if you wire it in via an additional relay,

it should run when the relay gets triggered... but what's the point? you've already got a relay

plus the fuel pump wire (#76/#76a) is fused in the fusebox (double fused on motronic/mi16).

DanS1982
well if you give the pump +12v there, it will run, so if you wire it in via an additional relay,

it should run when the relay gets triggered... but what's the point? you've already got a relay

plus the fuel pump wire (#76/#76a) is fused in the fusebox (double fused on motronic/mi16).

Its to give the fuel pump as good a live feed as possible (ie. direct from battery). I did this on my RS turbo and (ok shonky ford wiring) it improved the fueling by 7%! So its somthing I've done on all cars ever since just out of routine. Cheers for the info though.

Sign in to follow this