• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richors

Tdc Sensor

richors

Hi - A couple of questions..........

I have just put a 1.6 gearbox onto an Mi engine and i now have no spark.........

I noticed the TDC sensor on the gearbox is 1 - Knackered and 2 - Possibly too short?

So - will a sensir that is nbg create a spark problem? and does the 1.6 box require a different sensor to the Mi gearbox?

can't think of anything else as i didn't disturb anything else electrical.............any help would be much appreciated

cheers. ;)

pugpete1108
Hi - A couple of questions..........

I have just put a 1.6 gearbox onto an Mi engine and i now have no spark.........

I noticed the TDC sensor on the gearbox is 1 - Knackered and 2 - Possibly too short?

So - will a sensir that is nbg create a spark problem? and does the 1.6 box require a different sensor to the Mi gearbox?

can't think of anything else as i didn't disturb anything else electrical.............any help would be much appreciated

cheers. ;)

the sensor should be a constant 1 mm from the flywheel , i have just fitted and early 1.6 box to a gti6 engine and it didn't even have a sensor on it so i had to mount my own . it could well be in the wrong position which would stop it working too

dee205

Is it plugged in properly? Clean both plugs as a bad connection is as bad as none.

You won't get spark or fuel if you don't have a working tdc if I'm not mistaken as this tells the ecu when to bang and squirt, so to speak.

Damien

richors

Hopefully a new one will fix it then - doesn't smell like fuel is getting there either as per your comment.

thanks for the help

Mark.

Ren

Get the sensor from Ciroen mate, I went to a couple of Pug dealers and was told it was no longer available. Citroen got me one for the following day though. It was around £60.

Ren.

mi16nut

I tried to fit an early 1.6 box & found that the tdc hole had a too small diameter & the casing was a fair bit thicker. I guess I could have modified it to fit my sensor by grounding out the diameter & grinding down the casing to match my existing exactly, but I didn't bother.

As said, the sensor must be 1mm from the flywheel. Anything more & it won't signal properly.

Mark.

richors

Spoox are sending me one asap - not sure on price as yet but i hope it works................

cheers guys

Sign in to follow this