• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pugw0t

Gaz Coilovers With 180lb Springs Good For Road?

Guest Pugw0t

As per title do you all think a set of gaz coilovers with 180 lb springs on would be good for road use? and rear torsion adjusted one notch?

Thanks

Rom

Im running mine with the 8 inch 200lb springs that came with it, even on softest setting, i can hardly bounce the car at all. Though it doesnt feel as bad as id expect driving it.

Im thinking of getting some 10inch 150lb to try.

tom_m
As per title do you all think a set of gaz coilovers with 180 lb springs on would be good for road use? and rear torsion adjusted one notch?

Thanks

yes you'll be fine. but the ride height of the torsion bars has no impact on the spring rate.

kyepan

Thanks

my 8 inch were crashy as hell and went coil bound, which meant the car would leap about like a mad thing.

the 10 inch were better and safer for b roads.

People keep comparing spring rates, i've had 250 and 200, 200 was more appropriate for road use, but on flat surfaces the 250's gave the most grip.

tom_m

i'm trying 9in 185lbs next ;)

DSC00287.jpg

with these:

DSC00053.jpg

B)

SPGTi
i'm trying 9in 185lbs next ;)

DSC00287.jpg

with these:

DSC00053.jpg

B)

I am running 9" 185lbs/in with the same setup (no helper springs though) and for bumpy twisty lanes is great. Maybe for dedicated track work I would look to higher rates. I think though that the bilstein / pts gravel inserts are perfect for the 205 with this spring rate. The ride is firm but not crashy at all and imho the next step up is Proflex. The cheaper coilover kits seem to have adjustability more as a gimmick esp for road application. Driving on road rallies I have never thought "I wish I could change the suspension by a few clicks" and on a road rally you encounter smooth tarmac / broken tarmac / gravel tracks/ muddy fields/ rocky tracks etc etc. The Bilstein / PTS setup soaks up whatever conditions are thrown at it. As they say you pays your money you takes your choice.

steve

Sign in to follow this