• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ultimatepug

405 Mi16x4 Suspension

ultimatepug

i need to get some new shockers on the front of my 309 4x4 dimma. theyve seen better days, plus one of the threads on the strut top has corroded and snapped off.

are these exactly the same items as found on the 2wd 405 mi16? wheresreasonable that may be able to hrlp me out with a new set too?

regards

adam

cybernck

yep, they should be the same.

T16's front shocks are 2cm shorter.

and as it happens, Koni Sport Adjustables for Mi16 are also 2cm shorter than standard :o.

however, are you sure your front shocks are from a 405?

ultimatepug

pretty sure dude. altough i will double check.

adam

pug309twin40s

front shocks should be 309 items as 405 shocks dont have the brackets for the front drop links or the brake hoses

cybernck

true, but... if he's got full 405 subframe with wishbones etc (i think he

earlier mentioned he had), then he'll have the shock absorbers too :P.

ultimatepug

no drop links so must be mi16x4 items, if im wrong im sure henry will know.

adam

welshpug

just had a look at your pics and they're definitely 405 hub carriers and lower arms.

Hilgie

Correct, but as far as I know, the 205/309 shocks fit the 405hub carriers, so I think they used 205/309 shocks on the conversion (at least I would have, not need to modify the topmount on the car either then).

Henry Yorke

According to Dimma, the car was built on brand new 4x4 stuff that came out of a crate and as the original car was a 309 Style, I guess 4x4 shocks would have been used. It has a 4x4 subframe and rear beam

Green Machine

205/309 shocks do fit in the 4x4 hubs, so get whats best for your wallet

B1ack_Mi16

You can't really know, as the first 405's got the exact same top-mount construction as the 205/309, except for the one piece that bolts to the chassi which has 2 instead 3 bolts.

When I was apart with my 405 struts I found I could use 205 Gr. N bushes in the top mounts ;)

But they started using a different type top mount at some date. Anyway I guess any 405 shocks will fit with no problem.

405 shocks don't have the "ear" for the ARB drop-links though, so you need to see if you really has a complete 405 front suspension or not before deciding. If you've got the standard 205/309 subframe just get 309 shocks, will be less hassle.

Edited by B1ack_Mi16

ultimatepug

hmm didnt realise that! will have a scout aroubd for some struts.

adam

Sign in to follow this