• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
clifton

Passenger Door Wont Open

clifton

this has probably been covered in past topics, i did a search and couldnt find anything up to the 3rd page and tbh i couldnt be bothered looking anymore, but its just that my passenger door wont from the inside or outside, what could it be? will i have to take the door card off to fix it?

cheers

steve@cornwall
this has probably been covered in past topics, i did a search and couldnt find anything up to the 3rd page and tbh i couldnt be bothered looking anymore, but its just that my passenger door wont from the inside or outside, what could it be? will i have to take the door card off to fix it?

cheers

possibly door handle mech. corroded and not returning fully,won't let the lock off properly. You could try spraying some wd40 into the handle (top hinge) from outside and working the handle, but probably you'll have to take out the handle. Try pressing quite hard on the handle while pulling the inside lock up before trying to open the door!

jackherer

in the eight or nine years a mate of mine has had his 205 gti we've had to take the door card off the passenger door 3 times as the door has got stuck! Each time after a lot of fiddling about the mechanism has freed off and then seems to work fine for a few years... I've regreased it all each time as a precaution but I dont think it will help and it wasn't dried out or anything, it just seems to jam up every now and then but it all looks the same as the mechanism on all our other 205s, I cant find any play or anything so we just put up with it happening every few years.

Sign in to follow this