• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Jerky Kangarooie Mi

KRISKARRERA

What could cause my Mi to be jerky when going on and off the throttle? It behaves a bit like the old Solex carb XU engines - if you give the accelerator a very gentle prod it's ok but anything more and you get like half a second's flat spot and then suddenly the power kicks in with an almighty drivetrain destroying shunt!

When lifting off the gas, particularly below 3k rpm, you feel a jerk as fuel is cut, but then immediately after I get a second smaller jerk.

Also she kangaroos when cruising on a very light throttle opening.

Could be many components really I know but hey I love to hear people's opinions because it seems to be a fairly common problem.

mickie

HT leads, spark plugs

pug309twin40s

mine does this too,

very light throttle its jerky and if you floor the accelerator then lift of you get loads of jerkiness. trying to cruise along in 5th at 30mph is a no go!!

but mine is because the rear bottom engine mount looks very tired and worn. so engine can move easily. time for an uprated 1.

although my engine runs fine. although yours sounds more like slight missfire. hows olds the dizzy cap, ht leads etc?

KRISKARRERA

Yes my ignition components are all a few years old now so I'll have to replace them but I've thought of something else: worn throttle body linkage.

I did this test: "Insert a .45mm feeler gauge. There should be no click from the TPS when the throttle is closed." ....mine clicks ;)

Also i can make my tps "click" just by pressing the left of the bit the cable attaches to so it looks like my throttlebody is pretty worn :P

yeti-dj

my Mi did this for a while and it was the TPS was badly set up, i had to be in 3 at around 30mph or i got a bit sea sick with all the kangarooing that was going on.

hope this help.

Sign in to follow this