• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
huxley309

Car Cutting Out

huxley309

When driving around the cars perfectly fine and goes great even when going for it but soon as i press the last bit of throttle right at the end she loves to cut out almost as if she isn't getting any spark

It isn't the coilpack so what else could it be?

huxley309

My cars throttlebodied tash so most things in that thread won't apply to me but thanks for posting it

My auto electrician did say my engine earth strap wasn't looking too brilliant, so i'lll look at this when i get the chance

She's fine the rest of the time just the very last bit of throttle she cuts out and it feels ignition related

stevec205gti

Do you mean the last bit of throttle travel, or the last bit of the rev range? If it's the throttle travel then it could be the throttle pot not set up correctly - i think I'm right in thinking that this needs to be calibrated in order for the management to know what's going on

Anthony

I'd go with a TPS related fault - should be obvious enough if you have a laptop plugged in if that's the case.

huxley309

I did think if the tps might have been at fault, a while back the vernier bolts flew out and i had to make do and adjust the inlet cam as best i could at the time

And yes it is at the very last bit of throttle, odd how it's been fine up until now mind

Guess im going to sort out a remap asap cheers

Btw anyone know the contact details for steve greenauld? i meant to have her done there before and got a reason to now :)

Edit: Don't worry got the details after a lot of hunting :ph34r:

Edited by huxley309

Sign in to follow this