• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt205xs

Mot Failure?

matt205xs

Is having the PAS rack an mot failure if its not connected, (its running as a maual rack but still has ram connected)

thanks

welshpug

remove the ram, should make things a bit easier on the arms!

jim21070

I second the ram removal. Not a difficult job. It'll pass the MOT fine provided there are no leaks and all of the PAS gear (pump, pipework etc) is removed.

I think it would pass OK without removing the ram but the MOT tester may be a little unhappy. Still, you could always bluff it and say it was a steering damper...

Anthony
Is having the PAS rack an mot failure if its not connected, (its running as a maual rack but still has ram connected)

With the ram connected I would say that it would fail, yes, atleast if the tester spots it anyhow

With the ram removed it will usually pass fine, but there's been a couple of people who've found a particularly harsh tester who have failed the car anyway - something suitable to cover the holes where the PAS pipes once connected should be enough to prevent this though.

inferno

My sorento had everything removed but kept the pas rack. the tester, who would normally let me go with adviserys and a promise to fix it, decided the steering was too heavy. even though this was decided after taking my car out on the road (which they are not suppose to do), and me proving reverse parking was a doddle with one arm :)

obviously i got a second opinion and they agreed it was fine.maybe as i had 10 months left he decided he couldnt be bothered with the paperwork!

Sign in to follow this