• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pugw0t

Gaz Coilovers? Ok For Road Use?

Guest Pugw0t

Right i'm in two minds weather to go for coilovers or just springs and dampers, my other 205 is lowered 50mm using springs and dampers (spax) and thats abit too stiff. Basically i'll be using my car for road/track so what would everyone reccomend?

Guest Pugw0t

pug9.jpg

Heres my other 205, wouldnt mind it beeing the same sortof ride height.

Edited by Pugw0t

Rippthrough

Should be fine, but make sure you get a softer set of springs with them than the off the shelf kits(they come with anywhere from 260 to about 320lb/inch depending upon where you buy them from if you don't specify rates, a bit harsh for road use.)

Edited by Rippthrough

Guest Pugw0t

are the gaz coilover kits too hard for road use?

tom_m

anything's going to be better than spax, since the gaz kits are adjustable you can run them soft on the road and hard on the track - if you so desire

jerseypug

i have gaz on mine and went for the 180 lb 10 inch springs and they are fine. i would probably get 12 inch if i was going to get another set.

foreigner
i have gaz on mine and went for the 180 lb 10 inch springs and they are fine. i would probably get 12 inch if i was going to get another set.

explain why you would go for 12? in simple english please

Edited by foreigner

nick

A mate of mine has AVO coilovers on his 1.9 and it has the best ride of any 205 I've ever been in.

Nick

jerseypug
explain why you would go for 12? in simple english please

with the 10 inch, to get the car to the height i want the springs are not compressed at all when the car is jacked up. with 12 inch springs i should be able to get it lowered to the height i want and still have the springs compressed if the car was to lift a wheel.

kyepan

I also have gaz coilovers , i've tried 8, 10, and 12 inch springs.

the 8 inch were fine for the track, but went coilbound on broads and were dangerous.

the 12 inch were too long and the car rode too high with no opportunity to adjust without preloading the spring.

The 10 inch gave good height adjustment but had enough travel to work on rougher surfaces

people have suggested anywhere from 185-225lbs spring rate for road work. However people on track setups go for much much higher spring rates.

Edited by kyepan

Sign in to follow this