• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cossie350

S16 Conversion

cossie350

Hi going to be starting the S16 conversion on the 205 within the next couple of weeks. Ive got a 306 with the engine still in and will be using the S16 gearbox, the car hasnt got the keypad so no need to have the ECU unlocked. I will also be relocating the battery and cutting out the battery tray(to avoid clutch arm catching). I would like some advise on what else i will need to get before the engine goes in, as there is nothing worse than getting the engine in and then someone turns round and say's i.e you should'nt have used standard engine mounts, now the engine it going to wack the master cylinder when you boot it. The car will be used for track days and i will be changing the cambelt before it goes in, so thats one thing off the list.

Also is there anything else i can use off the S16 i.e wishbones, rear beam etc

Many thanks........

Rick

Baz

I think i'm right in saying you can just unplug the Ecu while the engine's running/ignition on for it to stay coded.

All the normal mounts can be used, although would recommend uprated ones, especially for the lower mount, and i like to use a spacer between the rear buffer of the top mount of about 5-10mm, this holds the engine firmly between the buffers and brings it forward very slightly and keeps the cambelt covers from rubbing on the Master cylinder to a minimum.

I would also do the cambelt & tensioners etc also before it's fitted, maintenance things like that.

Oh, and also go and get yourself a metal water pipe that sits under the o/s inner wing, as you'll most likely find that the one there is fairly shot. Either that, or the S16 may run a hose all the way round, without the metal pipe, you could use this, but make sure it's secured.

Wishbones, driveshafts, rear beam etc are not much good to you, but may be of good use to sell on to claw back some finances :D The brakes are a good upgrade. :D

Thats all i can remember for now. ;)

Edited by BazGTMi

welshpug

the shell is an even better upgrade ;)

cossie350

Cheers mate your a star :D See your near Stansted, do you ever go to Basildon ? Last time i went there was a 4x4 cossie powered 205 ;) it was rather rapid :D

Baz
Cheers mate your a star :D See your near Stansted, do you ever go to Basildon ? Last time i went there was a 4x4 cossie powered 205 :D it was rather rapid :D

Not so often nowadays, but occasionally, seems like everywhere's overrun with chavs in saxo's/corsa's etc now than proper cars. ;) Never saw that though, niiice!! :D Wasn't a black one was it though?

cossie350

I know exactly what you mean about the chav/corsa thing. It was in grey primer and had a dimma kit on it, that was about 2/3 months ago....

Miles

the 306 must be one of the first, 'L' reg I presume, This doesn;t have the keypad in it so it's nice and easy.

Sign in to follow this