• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gibbo GTI

Sad

Gibbo GTI

Where's the cheapest place to buy a new SAD? My cold starting is rubbish, the car is only idling around 700 rpm when cold. Once the engine is up to temp it idles around 950rpm.

Gibbo GTI

Cheers for that ;)

futura

Are you sure the SAD is not working at all? I had the same issue on my car and I changed the SAD setting (small screw) to make it wider open when cold, now the car runs fine. :lol:

welshpug
Are you sure the SAD is not working at all? I had the same issue on my car and I changed the SAD setting (small screw) to make it wider open when cold, now the car runs fine. :lol:

eh? which screw is that? might have a fiddle with mine cos it idles fine at 900 when hot but sits at 1600 when its freezing!

futura

I am hunting for a pic of a SAD but couldn't find one. There's only one small screw on it anyway but the pain is that you have to take the SAD out to play with it.

I set mine to close in 7 minutes at 20 degrees but it can sometimes idle a bit high. I think the standard recommendation is to set it to shut completely after 5 minutes of 12Volts to its pins :lol:

EDIT: found it: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...57097&st=20

It's actually the small nut (not screw) that you need to fiddle with ;)

Edited by futura

Sign in to follow this