• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damien

Any 16v Turbo's On The Forum?

pdd144c

Buy it! Will be on ebay soon otherwise!

Dino
At 28PSI im hoping for 400BHP.

Will be a pig to drive with all that power and I doubt you'll get off the line without spinning the wheels for an age..........

Thought you had it with 205s anyway?! :unsure:

cybernck
Buy it! Will be on ebay soon otherwise!

(un)fortunately, he's got one already :):unsure:.

maxi
Will be a pig to drive with all that power and I doubt you'll get off the line without spinning the wheels for an age..........

Thought you had it with 205s anyway?! :unsure:

Check the dates Dino.......... I posted on this topic before I had thrown the towel in.

Their are ways and means to get the power down....

Maxi

pdd144c
(un)fortunately, he's got one already :D;).

Doh! And to think I was talk to him about it the other day too! Must of been half asleep...

Be interesting to see how Maxi. Care to share it with us all?

Miles

You should be able to have the A/C no problems at all, it's driven off the bottom of the sump and the pipes go across the back of the bulkhead, worst case is a pipe might have to be modded but I can;t see that mysself.

I'd also check the quaiffe Diff as to what power and torque it's rated to, so you might need to upgrade to a plate type LSD

pdd144c

Doubt AC would fit Miles, as there would be very little space for any intercooler. Pipes would need to be protected from the exhaust manifold somehow also.

Quaifes ATB's are only rated for something silly like 170lb/ft when I looked.

inferno
i think im going to give it ago, not in the 205 but in my silver 306, the engine bay is bigger so i should be able to keep the battery/air con and power steering without any problems

the zx and 306 engine bay are the same size, and theres less space at the back of the zx engine bay than a 205 for the turbo and also when an mi16 is fitted theres no clearance to remove the manifold with the engine in.

Miles

There'ss loads of room behind the 306 bumper, The 406 Turbo must run a Rad, A/C rad and intercooler all stacked together, Not ideal but for low power will be fine.

If there's a will there's a way

sonofsam

406 T. Intercooler is wafer thin though.

Malachy
406 T. Intercooler is wafer thin though.

its also made out of cheese i assure you.

always popping :/

as miles says though tere is a fair bit of room behind the 306 bumper if you change to slimline fans, otherwise you have 0 room, the rad fan cowling is HUGE

Edited by Malachy

Sign in to follow this