• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Big Brake Adapters

welshpug

right, anyone got a piccie of these fitted?

and also the dimensions? I want to make my own ones and i'm a bit confused as to how a plate can take the caliper out and hold it at the same offset, unless some spacers are used on the bolts, but as I said, some pics of a bracket fitted would be great.

a quick calculation would lead me to think that the bolts are simply 17.5mm apart.

heres what I want to replicate -

smallbrakebrackets.JPG

jackherer

they dont hold the caliper at the same offset, they use discs with a different offset to compensate. At least the old autofive ones did, I assume those are the same.

welshpug

thats odd, so what discs do they say to use seeing as GTi6 discs are the same offset as 205 ones?

pug_life

surely they just move the caliper out from the hub mounting but retain same offset just larger discs are used as your not altering that aspect...

surely its easier getting 206gti180 brakes for £200 than messing with carrier adaptors etc...

sonofsam

I have these and they do use a GTI-6 Disk:)

post-6977-1163202300_thumb.jpg

Could of measured them for you, however they are now on the car.

post-6977-1163202564_thumb.jpg

post-6977-1163202602_thumb.jpg

Some of the Yoke need's to be ground down though.Nothing major to fit.

Pictures are from the fitting guide that is supplied.

Not really worth replicating IMO as the kit is cheap enough.Unless you know

a cheap CNC milller or water jet cutter and can get hold of high tensile steel plate that is:D

Edited by sonofsam

jackherer

the autofive kits come with their own discs, that sit further out.

sonofsam

From previous post's I've read on the Autofive kit, it would seem the Disc's are the expensive part to replace?

post-6977-1163233257_thumb.jpg

Were as GTI-6 disc's are relatively cheap compared:)

welshpug
From previous post's I've read on the Autofive kit, it would seem the Disc's are the expensive part to replace?

AHA!!! just as I thought, thanks sonofsam for posting that pic, there are spacers on the bolts!

I know that I can get the brackets for £30 and i've already got an ebay bargainous pair of gti6 discs (£22 :( ) I just wanted to see if it was possible to make up my own ones ( in know a few DnT teachers, and some machinists :) )

sonofsam

:D Got mine for equally small amount too ( Brand new Lucas ones :) )

You also get a discount from Constella for being a part of this Forum :(

dazEmad

lol cheap thats right i just paid £15 for some brand new 283mm discs from ebay, look out for maxcar1

Edited by dazEmad

welshpug
B) Got mine for equally small amount too ( Brand new Lucas ones :D )

You also get a discount from Constella for being a part of this Forum :(

ooh tell me more! Might not bother making my own if they'll do me a good price :)

sonofsam

Yeh they were not listed as '6 Discs :( but are exactly the same.Xantia, Zsara ?

I think its 15% discount could be 20% though.check the pinned topic about Forum discounters

cybernck

both Autofive and Constella are our discounters!

C_W
surely they just move the caliper out from the hub mounting but retain same offset just larger discs are used as your not altering that aspect...

surely its easier getting 206gti180 brakes for £200 than messing with carrier adaptors etc...

It would require a "Z" shaped spacer to do that as the spacer is a certain thickness which has to be bolted onto the back of the hub.

The big brake kits use an offset similar to a 283mm 307 disc only a bit thinner.

Sign in to follow this