• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Tacho Wiring

pugpete1108

guys , i am putting in the dash and want to find out which wire goes to the tacho guage from the coil , so i can put the wiring in for my emerald ecu.

the haynes says its number 112 but i cant find a 112 anywhere.

i have found this plug behind (small blue one) ,but cant see any numbers for it (it looks sheilded to me??).

plug1.jpg

it goes into this 4 pin socket on the back of the clocks etc.

plug2.jpg

any ideas??

pug_ham

That plug is the rev counter one so you've got the right one.

Wire 112 will be at that plug but I can't make out which one it is in your picture, its usually a pale blue one but if you have a mulitmeter it's also at one of the brown multiplug by the heater matrix.

Graham.

pugpete1108
That plug is the rev counter one so you've got the right one.

Wire 112 will be at that plug but I can't make out which one it is in your picture, its usually a pale blue one but if you have a mulitmeter it's also at one of the brown multiplug by the heater matrix.

Graham.

the two large wires go into two small wires (same colour) and are a pale blue/greeny colour , cant find where they come out though and there is no numbers on any of these four wires , but if you say its that plug then i am guessing they must be the ones , but why would there be two of them i wonder?? :)

pug_ham

That plug is different to the one in my cars, the picture below is from a 91 car & going by that it should be the middle wire in your car.

Graham.

post-71-1163346544_thumb.jpg

pugpete1108
That plug is different to the one in my cars, the picture below is from a 91 car & going by that it should be the middle wire in your car.

Graham.

would it be the same pin on a phase 1 car then?, could i connect a 12v supply to the wire and see if the needle moves?

the guage recives pulses from the coil am i right in thinking, which indicates rpm which would be a + supply

pug_ham
would it be the same pin on a phase 1 car then

I would think so, the rev counter is most likely the same so why not?

Have you got a multimeter? Find wire 112 at the coil & then check which one at the plug rings out.

Graham.

pugpete1108
I would think so, the rev counter is most likely the same so why not?

Have you got a multimeter? Find wire 112 at the coil & then check which one at the plug rings out.

Graham.

yeah could be a problem there as i have taken the coil out and have already re bound the wiring in the bay! :(

but after further cosultation to the holy haynes manual it seems that from connector l on the dash (tacho) it splits and goes to the coil and to the ecu wire 112 and wire 18 , so after much deduction i think it may be the light blue cable in my picture that splits into two , hopefully :lol:

cheers for your help anyway

pete

Brambles
yeah could be a problem there as i have taken the coil out and have already re bound the wiring in the bay! :(

but after further cosultation to the holy haynes manual it seems that from connector l on the dash (tacho) it splits and goes to the coil and to the ecu wire 112 and wire 18 , so after much deduction i think it may be the light blue cable in my picture that splits into two , hopefully B)

cheers for your help anyway

pete

Maybe a bit late but: On the plug if you look carefully you will find no/s 1 to 4.

So Pin 1= +VE supply to tachometer, (joins 52A then goes to fused supply at fuse box).

Pin 2= Tachometer earth, (to chassis earth point).

Pin 3= Tachometer signal wire (usually a light blue and goes to an inline brown harness Plug then to engine bay etc).

Sign in to follow this