• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

No Rear Seats For An Mot

TaffyTim
£50 :lol:

I paid £35 last week, and got a free retest too.

I paid £38 three days ago including a free retest, I think its down to their discretion how much they charge but the maximum has gone up.

They didnt mention that!! Althouhg its one of thoes Nationwide garages, so they have fixed prices throughout thier stores. Good lads there though they not only passed the car but gave me 10% off the price also.

dommorton
We have alot of MOT testers here are you 2 one of them ??? It cannot be failed, but they can advise you they cannot fail you and it doesnt even have to be advised as its not a tested item

Quote:

Notes: Although under-inflation is not in itself a reason for failure, a brake test may be inadvisable because of possible damage, and it may affect headlamp alignment. The condition of the spare tyre is not part of the MOT.

It seems you are correct :lol:

I wonder if the regs have changed as I used to work in an MOT station and spares if present were failed if illegal.

t16ryan

while i have been testing the regs about spares have never changed, As the spare does not come into it at all,

Edited by t16ryan

aw11_hgt

However if present on the car the spare wheel should be servicable? - e.g. if stopped by the police and found to be below the legal minimum a fine would incur??

Baz
It seems you are correct :)

I wonder if the regs have changed as I used to work in an MOT station and spares if present were failed if illegal.

Yes it would seem so, although i also think the regs must have been changed fairly recently then.

Oh and for the record no i'm not a tester myself, but used to own an MOT station, my dad is/was and i've had/seen/witnessed thousands of vehicles tested and it always used to be if the spare was present it has to be road legal, although of course could be different now though. :(

I would've thought it would at least bechecked and in the case of under inflation or illegal limit an advisory be given?

hodgy

for my mot i asked them to still put it downas a 5seater even tho it has a roll cage n no seats, most places are ok with you if your honest with them. i even got mine to pass with a 1.9 engine in instead of a 1.6 even tho emmisions are different

t16ryan
However if present on the car the spare wheel should be servicable? - e.g. if stopped by the police and found to be below the legal minimum a fine would incur??

The police law is different to a MOT, your car can pass an MOT with insecure battery, go out of the station get pulled and they give you 3 points and fine for insecure battery, They are trying to bring it together. And the police can do nothing about the spare wheel,

Yes it would seem so, although i also think the regs must have been changed fairly recently then.

Oh and for the record no i'm not a tester myself, but used to own an MOT station, my dad is/was and i've had/seen/witnessed thousands of vehicles tested and it always used to be if the spare was present it has to be road legal, although of course could be different now though. :)

I would've thought it would at least bechecked and in the case of under inflation or illegal limit an advisory be given?

As far as i am aware they have not changed its never been part of the MOT ( i maybe wrong but pretty sure its never come into it ) An advisory can be given but is up to the MOT tester, as they dont even have to look at the spare at all,

Guest BrainFluid

Well I never.

Its like sombody has changed the past or somthing.

Spooky.

Sign in to follow this