• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ashley peddle

Fuel Step Down/ Adaptor

ashley peddle

not too sure what there called (or if they even have a name) but i need a step down/up adapter to fit a 5mm fuel line to a 10mm fuel line...

no "local motorfactors" reply please as i dont have any local :P (the local one to me shut down a month or so ago :()

anyone have any ideas? im guessing im gona have to order one form demon thieves but if i could get one today it would be SO good :D is it the sorta thing halfrauds / b&q / plumbing shops would sell?

ta :)

ash

Richie-Van-GTi

plumbers merchants :) will cost a few pence

ashley peddle

coolbeans... i have a plumbing trade center and a metal workers right next to eachother about half a mile from my work :P will try them both first...

only have an hours lunch and i have a homebase, b&q, diy, halfords, 3 plumbing shops etc etc so i didnt know which one to choose, lol :)

sonofsam

Reducers they are more commonly known as :P get some decent hose clips with that size dia. pipe aswell ( ie.not jubilee ) :)

Aquatics centers should stock something similar too.

smckeown

thinkauto sell these

ashley peddle
Reducers they are more commonly known as :( get some decent hose clips with that size dia. pipe aswell ( ie.not jubilee ) :P

Aquatics centers should stock something similar too.

lol well this is the fuel pipe (5mm) to regulator (10mm) so its an enlarger :P

have some proper fuel line clips no worries :D

ummm i cant think of any aquatic centers near me :( i know there is a fish farm but thats it :)

sonofsam

AHahaa :P

Nah an Enlarger is something completely different :)

ashley peddle

ha ha thats just wrong :)

the pipe from the fuel filter is 5mm internal diameter... the pipe from the fuel regulator is 8mm internal diameter...

would it be ok to use copper pipe as a "step down" ???

it has an external diameter fo 7ish and internal of 5ish...

just dont wonna put anything on thats gona piss out fuel... i have lots of proper fuel jubilee clips (decent ones that come with 12 bar fuel line...)

dont want it to go kaboom

im fitting carbs and its all sorted now its just 2 regulators to fit and then BROOOOOOOM (well in theory anyways )

sonofsam

Sorry :P

Copper is alright for water.Unsure about fuel though.I would try and find a plastic one :)

jackherer

I'm pretty sure copper is ok in fuel lines, I've used it before over long periods and had no problems.

Sign in to follow this