• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest powerslider

Heated Rear Window

Guest powerslider

Does anyone know how to fasten the terminal back onto the heated rear window. Mine broke of as i was replacing the window after i repainted the tailgate.

Have tried to solder it back on but it won't stay put, just unsure if glue will allow a current to pass through.

Cheers guys

Paul

Baz

chemical metal type stuff? Possibly.

Daxed

Find and press the 'search' button power, it will become your new best mate. This has been covered quite extensively as is a common problem. Much fun to be had reading about special conductive glues available, including their differing expansion/contraction properties, due to temperature change, when compared to the glass, CRACK. Also brazing/soldering etc and not dissipating the heat CRACK.

I am V lucky, my new 1.6 has a perfectly functioning heated rear window. I switch it on with the car on the drive, wait a couple of mins until it clears and then get in my hired Ford KA and drive to work as not much on the pug other than the heated rear window works.

Guest powerslider

Thanks alot for that, new to this site and never thought the search would find anything.

But have found out Maplins sell Heat Transfer Compound in a small syringe thing for about £3.00.

Many thanks again

Paul

Daxed

Your welcome Paul. Enjoy the forums, more information on here than you can shake a stick at.

The search can be a bit fiddly but very rewarding.

Let us know how you get on with your screen fix.

Guest powerslider

Hi, the transfer compound does not stick!!! so have ended up just using a dab of superglue and then using the compound to get the terminal secure.

All seems well for now, until the next thing.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Rob_the_Sparky

I'm pretty sure what you are referring to is a white paste, yes?

If so then it is not what you want, it is designed to transfer heat between two surfaces, e.g. from a hot chip to a heatsink (think ignition amp module on a car or the processor in a computer).

Rob

P.S. got the same problem on my 309 and have tried the search with no useful hits yet. Any hints Daxed?

Sign in to follow this