• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonarob

Front Wipers

jonarob

Hi all, My front wipers have stopped working.

I'm getting a "click" noise from the glovebox/fusebox area like you tend to do when you use your wipers, but I'm getting no movement from the actual wipers.

Is it the motor? Or a fuse?

Any ideas?

Cheers!

welshpug

the click would be the relay trying to work, locate the relay and swap it for another of the same type to see if that works.

if you are gettign a clicking noise from the relay the circuit is fine, so its either a faulty relay or motor.

jonarob

Right cheers. One more thing, what's a relay? :D

welshpug

look in the fuse box, above the row of fuses there will be square things with pins on the bottom, they are relays.

basically they are electromagnetic switches triggered by a current, i.e when you press your horn button a small current goes down the small wiser in your dash to the relay, which closes the circuit in the fatter wiring to the horn itself.

it means less heavy gauge wiring and lighter rating switches in the dash, and keeps heavy gauge wiring lengths to a minimum.

hope thats clear!

jonarob

Alright so I yanked the relays out of the fusebox one by one to see when the clicking would stop and I've found what I think is the wiper relay. However, it has 5 pins in the bottom and is different to all the others so I can't bloody test to see if it's the problem!

How much are these things new?

jonarob

According to my local motor parts store, they're "probably only available through peugeot mate."

Is this true?

jonarob

Anybody got any ideas where I can get a relay from other than Pug?? I'm buggered without my wipers this time of year!

welshpug

try maplin!

Pugnut
Anybody got any ideas where I can get a relay from other than Pug?? I'm buggered without my wipers this time of year!

try a scrap yard! . most peugeot citreons will have the same relay. you will also find a new wiper motor there when you find that the relay is ok .

jonarob

haha cheers guys :)

Sign in to follow this