• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
easypug

Omp

easypug

Hello one and all,

I recently brought a roll cage second hand which obviously never came with the mounts, i am asking if any one happends to have a template for the mounts or even spare ones that have never been used. Its abit of a long shot but i believe OMP don't supply the mounts seperate...

Dave

Jonmurgie

The OMP cage I got didn't have any mounts... I just made some cardboard templated and got my local metal working place (ok, Forge) to make them up for me. I then just had those welded in and the cage welded to the plates but I guess you COULD do it how OMP designed and have captive nuts welded under the plates, if you ever saw yourself removing the cage...

dommorton

I just fitted an OMP with mounts included to my car.

Wouldn't worry about not having any as the ones supplied were awful! they needed so much metal cut off to make them fit I may as well have made some!

smighall
I just fitted an OMP with mounts included to my car.

Wouldn't worry about not having any as the ones supplied were awful! they needed so much metal cut off to make them fit I may as well have made some!

Yeah they are pretty s*it. Just make some up mate, it's quite clear to see where they should mount to the shell so just design something with cardboard as Jon mentioned and get it made up.

dommorton

To give you some idea

Here's a front one

205003.jpg

And here's a rear one

ompcage02.jpg

easypug

Cheers Dan, I'm getting the mounts made up then i think i'll do what Jon done and have the cage welded in instead of just bolting it in. :D

Sign in to follow this