• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stevec205gti

More Ignition System Questions......

stevec205gti

Well, following on from my previous thread I've still got ignition problems. I've replaced coil, cap, rotor arm, leads and ignition amp, and it's still cutting out. Next up is another distributor and lead - but as of yet I've not managed to track one down.

What I am interested in is wiring to the wing mounted coil. Does anyone have any close up pictures of what goes where, and what colours the wires are. I've got a fat wire that's crimped down to a small wire with what looks like a thicker wire cut off at the same connection and i'm interested in where that should go.

I'm also interested in finding out how the original pug alarm is wired in - I have the original alarm wiring loom floating around under the bonnet but no alrm unit itself. Does this wire into the ignition system? If so it's another area of investigation.

As a side line - what happens if the ignition coil's wired up +ve to -ve and vice versa? Does it not fire at all - or do you still get a weak spark?

welshpug

PICT0081.jpg

two red wires go to one side, rest go to the other.

as for the coil itself i'm not too sure but I dont think it actually makes any difference whatsoever!

stevec205gti
two red wires go to one side, rest go to the other.

as for the coil itself i'm not too sure but I dont think it actually makes any difference whatsoever!

Cheers for that - are your red wires going to the +ve or -ve terminals???

Sign in to follow this