• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtimon

205 1.9gti Fuel Pressure Testing

gtimon

A few of questions on a 205 1.9GTI.

1) How do you guys check your Fuel pressure and what do you use to test.

2) As I'm going to use my 205 for Track days and hill climbs etc., I've seen some use 309 bottom wishbones. What benifits are there in using them.

3) Is the Torsion bars from a 309 GTI or a 205 Van any different.

sonofsam

#1 - I guess you would have to use one of These to test the pressure at the rail.What is your reason for wanting to test it?

#2 -There are specific sub forums for this kind of qusetion.That subject has been covered many times now;)

#3- As above, but basically YES.They are different.

gtimon

Thanks Sonofsam,

The reason for asking about the fuel pressure, is that it hunts badly and smells very rich, Hot or Cold. The previous owner has fitted a 4 branch exhaust manifold, whether thats a reason why its rich, I don't know. I know that the pressure should be approx. 3 bar.

Now I'm getting more into using the site, and found that a late van has 21mm tbs.

Thanks again

smighall
A few of questions on a 205 1.9GTI.

1) How do you guys check your Fuel pressure and what do you use to test.

Why? I guess you need to T into the fuel hose and use a fuel pressure gauge.

2) As I'm going to use my 205 for Track days and hill climbs etc., I've seen some use 309 bottom wishbones. What benifits are there in using them.

They give a small amount of negative camber, so give you a little more grip in the bends, and more even tyre wear.

3) Is the Torsion bars from a 309 GTI or a 205 Van any different.

Yes they are different, but then the whole 309 beam is different.

Oh and as said above, try a search, all of this has been on here many many times, and are answered in great detail.

welshpug

ecu engine temp sender :ph34r:

sonofsam

Or possible o2 ( Lambda ) sensor if it had/has one?

gtimon

Thanks for your replies.

My next question would be where is the Temp sensor for the ECU located if fitted. Also having a Fluke multi- meter, what sort of readings should I expect to find or is there another method apart from fitting new if missing.

sonofsam
Results of a search under 'ECU temperature sensor' :ph34r::D

taylorspug

The ECU temperature sensor is the blue electrical plug sensor which is screwed into the housing just behind the thermostat, underneath the distributor. Obviously it will have an electrical connector plugged onto it.

Have a search regarding testing the sensor, as i cant remember the resistance values the sensor is meant to have at different temperatures. But yes it is testable (not sure if thats really a word...) The sensor is only around £10 from GSF IIRC.

EDIT: Beaten to it with the search thing!

Edited by taylorspug

Sign in to follow this