• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

[car_restoration] Sorrento Gti16v Full Rebuild

Tom Fenton

Stunning pictures buddy

de Noir

Stunning pictures buddy

Thanks Tom

It was a stunning drive, thru a stunning scenery, on stunning mountain roads..

Anyone who loves driving should do it!

This was really THE trip!

More pics:

res_MG_0628.jpg

res_MG_0757.jpg

res_MG_0871.jpg

res_MG_0804.jpg

res_MG_0713.jpg

res_MG_0949.jpg

feb

Great pictures and I bet it must have been a lot of fun with the 205.

I was there 2 weeks ago and makes me want to go there again looking at your pictures, this time with a 205 hopefully.

What route did you follow?

The route we followed was Trafoi -> Stelvio Pass -> Santa Maria via Umbrail Pass -> Zermez towards Davos via Fluela Pass

Also Trafoi -> Stelvio Pass -> Bormio -> Livigno -> Fluela Pass -> Davos

One of my favourite roads is the road that connects Laco di Resia to Malles Venosta, slightly uphill, wide, with hairpins that have good visibility that you can have a play.

46.767452,10.534458 -> 46.693325,10.538578

For those who plan to go don't forget to fill up in Livingo where petrol costs just over 1€ per lt, the cheapest price you will find! Unfortunately I had filled up in the previous village :angry:

Edited by feb

de Noir

It was great fun, in every way. And 205 was inspiring, confident and soulful companion!

Not to mention that she choosed not to give me any headaches during the trip! :D

I split my tour on 4 days:

Day 1:

Zagreb-Ljubljana-Kranjska Gora-Wurzenpass-Kotschach-Gailbergsattel-Oberdrauburg-Iselsbergpass-Winklern-Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse-Zell am See-Mittersill-Pass Thurn

Day 2:

Pass Thurn-Mittersill-Krimmler Wasserfalle-Gerlospass-Zell am Ziller-Mayrhofen-Schlegeisspeicher-Mayrhofen-Innsbruck (motorway)-Otztal-Timmelsjoch-Merano (Italy)-Stelvio

Day 3:

Stelvio-Passo del Stelvio-Bormio-Passo di Gavia-Passo del Tonale-Mendelpass-Bozen-Passo di Costalunga-Val de Fassa-Canazei-Passo di Fedaia-Passo Pordoi-Canazei

Day 4:

Canazei-Passo di Sella-Passo di Gardena-Corvara-Passo di Campolongo-Arabba-Passo di Campolongo-Passo di Valparola-Passo di Falzarego-Cortina d'Ampezzo-Passo della Mauria-Tolmezzo-Udine-Trieste-Rijeka-Zagreb (motorway)

My favourites are Stelvio, Gavia and Rombo passes, and the whole Dolomiti tour (from Canazei onwards, days 3 and 4).

Grossglockner high alpine road is great drive too, but I had really bad weather up there and could not really enjoy it..

Edited by de Noir