• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Running Xu10j4rs On Xu10j4 Management

welshpug

Right then, not sure where to post this so feel free to move it if needs be!

basically I might be getting my hands on a 306 S16 which has a seized bottom end (how bad I dont know yet)

and I was wondering how well would the GTi6 engine run on the S16's management? if at all?

or if needs be would it be easy enough to transfer the gti6's engine loom and ECU across? as IIRC the ECU is sat in the engine bay next to the battery so it may even be plug and play??

Edited by jackherer

Richie-Van-GTi

if they are the same phase then they are plug and play if you want to transfer across, either ecu will run either engine but you will lose power by cross matching them due to the differing inlet systems.

welshpug

aaah! someone who finally has an idea :) I was dying of suspense there!

so If I have a P1 S16, and a gti engine loom and ecu theyll just plug in? (or do i use the original loom?)

but how about a P2? would that be plug in as well or not?

Richie-Van-GTi

they will just plug in, one thing to be wary off though is late phase 2 had the loom like the phase 3 where it connects all the security rubbish via a big bunch of wires that run under the wiper motors meaning a whole heap of wiring to be done (half the dash). Its eay enough to tell though. the proper phase 2 loom just has 2 multiplugs down by the radiator and every wire in the bay will lead back there. P1 S16 should definatley be like that.

You may find you have to swap the key and transponder boxes over as well, not sure if the code part is stored in the box or the ecu. Try without swapping and if it wont fire up then Id suspect that first.

welshpug

awesome cheers buddy :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this