• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hexhamstu

Non Starting Mi16

hexhamstu

change the head for a new one, put it all back together, go to start it but the started motor is turning slow and engine is firing up, few pops from the exhaust but not starting, trying recharging the battery and jump starting it from another car but still wont start, then the starter motor refuses to even engage doesnt evn try to turn makes no sound what so ever.

so we try bump starting it down the hill, large bang from the exhaust engine maybe turned over once but didnt try and start.

any guesses?

fed up.

welshpug

re-check the timing and belt tension, then check the usual, spark fuel etc.

hexhamstu

belt and tension are fine, i cant hear the fuel pump priming but theres definatly fuel because it back fires when bump started.

ablister

are the ht leads in the right order?

Wurzel

How good is the battery?

I had all sorts of issues with mine a while back due to battery being completely knackered. Even jumpstarting was no good.

I would attempt to fix the fact it's not turning over properly first, then (if needs be) move on to the missfiring.

Once the battery has been eliminated (try swapping with a known good one entirely), check all the usual such as duff earths, starter motor solenoid wires etc.

t16ryan

sounds like timing :blink: or maybe a over tightened cambelt, even the alternator belt maybe over tightened,

Sign in to follow this