• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rick03054

I Have A Spare Connector On My Afm

Guest rick03054

There appears to be a connector bolted onto my afm similar to the ones on the struts, which as far as I can remember are earths, right?

If that's what this is, what should be connected to it? I can't find anything in that area that's loose and looks like it should fit. I'm not haveing any particular problems that make me think there's something wrong but it's bugging me anyway :)

mattmk1
There appears to be a connector bolted onto my afm similar to the ones on the struts, which as far as I can remember are earths, right?

If that's what this is, what should be connected to it? I can't find anything in that area that's loose and looks like it should fit. I'm not haveing any particular problems that make me think there's something wrong but it's bugging me anyway :)

No its not connected to anything, i assume its there only for when they retrack the afms?

steve@cornwall
No its not connected to anything, i assume its there only for when they retrack the afms?

If you're meaning the fairly long tab on the 13mm bolt above the wiring socket... it's a cable retainer- you bend it around the trunking on the afm loom!

Guest rick03054
If you're meaning the fairly long tab on the 13mm bolt above the wiring socket... it's a cable retainer- you bend it around the trunking on the afm loom!

Could be that! Is it made of metal with a plastic coating?

steve@cornwall
Could be that! Is it made of metal with a plastic coating?

That's the dude-was a thread about 6 months ago with pictures if you can find it!

Guest rick03054
That's the dude-was a thread about 6 months ago with pictures if you can find it!

Can I hell! :) I assumed it would have come up before but I've been searching for hours, even searching for it as a retainer/strap/whatever else I can think of I still can't find anything.

Cheers though, one less thing for me to worry about. I'm slowly getting through the list! :)

steve@cornwall
Can I hell! :) I assumed it would have come up before but I've been searching for hours, even searching for it as a retainer/strap/whatever else I can think of I still can't find anything.

Cheers though, one less thing for me to worry about. I'm slowly getting through the list! :)

Bl@@dy hell- that took ages to find!

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?a...st&p=554445

Guest rick03054

Thats the one! Cheers Steve :D

See what I mean about the search?! ;)

Sign in to follow this