• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1LLY

Front Valance

B1LLY

bought a front valance other day so have sprayed it up ready to replace old cracked one

am i right in thinking you got to remove the bumper in order to remove valance

tried to remove the bumper earlier today and failed miserably snapping 1 bolt rounding off another etc

looked at some of the bolts holding it onto the bumper and they are just as bad

so is it best for me just to rip the valance off as i wont need it

kate205gti

noo leave the bumper on - thats the hard bit! valance should be attached to the bumper by 6ish bolts (or most likely zipties), undo/snap off the bolts and ziptie the new valance on jobs a goodun :rolleyes:

B1LLY

thanks

i am leaving the bumper on as ive just sprayed it black

ill have another go tomorrow

cheeers

steve@cornwall
thanks

i am leaving the bumper on as ive just sprayed it black

ill have another go tomorrow

cheeers

Bolt holes are MUCH more accessible with the headlights removed- unless you have3 a ramp to access underneath

jim205GTI

And don't you have to remove the full range driving lamps aswell to remove the valance :rolleyes:;)

steve@cornwall
And don't you have to remove the full range driving lamps aswell to remove the valance :rolleyes::)

Good point!- but remove the lamp using the (17mm?) bolt at the lamp base as the 10mm welded to the bracket will almost certainly shear!(lamp wiring plugs also easier with headlamps removed ;) )

Sign in to follow this