• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

1.6 Vs 1.9 Alloys - Which Are Best

Nathan

Not talking about looks here but from a performance/handling point of view.

I'm going a Mi16 conversion on my 1.6, its with the iron blocked engine though, so with this in mind which wheels give the best tyre options from a handling point of veiw?

I also plan to uprate the suspension and will probally go for a 20mm drop all round.

Regards,

Nathan

jackherer

1.9 wheels without a doubt, simply because better tyres are available for less money compared to 14".

willxs

and the fact you can fit bigger brakes behind the 1.9's

hengti

is this a track car or a road car?

This is likely only relevant if it's a track car : i guess 14" wheels will be a fair bit lighter than 15" ones, whilst your Yokohama (etc) track day tyres tend to be alot cheaper in 14".

smckeown

depends what gearbox you have. 14" wheels will give you lower ratios for a track car.

Batfink

14" give a better feel as they are lighter whereas 15" give a lot more grip but the car does not feel as nimble

Thats what I seemed to find when I upgraded to 15's

Jonmurgie

I guess 14's are OK if you don't need big brakes and don't mind the inferior look... though as other s have said there are probably more benefits for having 15's than the 14's so... your decision really!

Sign in to follow this