• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaM

Spax Coilovers

CaM

Have the chance to get a brand new set of spax coilovers, and rear shicks to match, for about the same cost as a new set of konis!

spax any good on gtis?

cybernck

apparently Spax don't tend to work very good od 205's for some reason...

on the other hand, Koni's do :blush:.

ashley peddle

i have knoi's on mine and there flappin awsome :blush: spax are eugh :)

Batfink

they are crap so dont bother.

Spend the money on the best set of Bilstein shocks you can afford, and get a set of eibach springs :blush:

Dr Sarty took me out in his car a few days ago and the ride with Eibachs was amazing

veloce200

they're not as bad as some would suggest. i use a pair of nonadjust spax on the rear of mine for road use to stop my rosejointed dampers getting worn. they work amazingly well for a cheap damper. a friend uses RSX on his golf and is very quick in it.

ashley peddle
they work amazingly well for a cheap damper. a friend uses RSX on his golf and is very quick in it.

there wot iv just taken off my 1.6, i got bored of having my fillings replaced every week :blush:

Jonmurgie

Spax were good... then bad... then good... now bad again... Seems to go around in circles really. Unless your getting the FREE then don't bother as there are many other brands out there that work far better.

What's your budget?

Batfink

they give great handling but just never perform over the bumps. I've had numerous 205's with Spax fitted over the last 9 years and this has always been the case

dazEmad

Has anyone had the spax coilovers as they might be much better than other spax models, which maybe the answer he's looking for. I on the other hand have just purchased some standard bilstein front shocks using my prevoius uprated front springs and i find the ride and handling really good.

veloce200

if the car is too harsh over the bumps then the damper is set too firm... a common mistake unfortunately. granted though they probably do have a touch too much bump in the fronts and you can only reduce rebound in these.

DTORU

Im running SPAX RSX Coil Over, i got a great deal on em, there rearly good, though on soft there still stupid hard! lol. The Car handles 100% better than stock! Ive always used Spax and you get a lifetime Guarantee!

CaM

guarantee wouldn't help over here as they're a couple of years odl alreayd and imported fro the u.k prvately :rolleyes:

think I'll give them a miss! the roads locally are almost bone jarringly rough in the gti as it is.

will go the koni/billies route

cheers heaps for the quick replys!

Rupertfinch

I have spax adjustables at the rear - they hurt my teeth. Plus they can no longer be adjusted (which kind of defeats the purpose). Just went to Pug dealer yesterday and ordered the original rear dampers. Good idea/bad idea?

Don't really drive the car like a demon - but have got a little tired of having to drive like a nun around roundabouts - although the first time it let go was extremely amusing for me and my fellow road users! He he.

Was thinking OE Bilsteins at the front (they appear to be Record Gas at the mo - no doubt some poo bought from Kwik Fit) and a decent set of springs. Don't want any lower than about 25-30mm, anyone any thoughts?

Jegshemash.

Rippthrough
I have spax adjustables at the rear - they hurt my teeth. Plus they can no longer be adjusted (which kind of defeats the purpose). Just went to Pug dealer yesterday and ordered the original rear dampers. Good idea/bad idea?

Don't really drive the car like a demon - but have got a little tired of having to drive like a nun around roundabouts - although the first time it let go was extremely amusing for me and my fellow road users! He he.

Was thinking OE Bilsteins at the front (they appear to be Record Gas at the mo - no doubt some poo bought from Kwik Fit) and a decent set of springs. Don't want any lower than about 25-30mm, anyone any thoughts?

Jegshemash.

Eibach if your feeling flush, apex are good too and a little cheaper.

Sign in to follow this