• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

Bx Gti 8v

205_sunderland

done the hg on car about 6 month ago has it all skimmed etc so i know the head shouldl be ok, but as of late it has started putting mayo in oil filler cap and its coming from the small pipe that connects to throttle body? is this normal on them

couple of people have told me its a dirty system and gets mayo but its so anoying and is defenetly coming from small pipe of tb.

And there is also water building in the hole on top of inlet ( theres 2 which bolt into it near head end). The hole is literally filling with coolant, could a goosed inlet gasket be doing this? as its only has instant gasket as even the dealers didnt give me right gasket?

regards michael

jim21070

Totally normal IMO, especially in the cool of the UK. These engines are terrible for mayo on account of how cold the inlet tract operates. It is worse if, like me, you do a lot of (relatively) short runs.

Take the car out for a good thrash, get the engine really hot over 50 miles or so and then feel the inlet manifold. It will be stone cold. The inlet manifold only gets hot when the engine is stopped from heat-soak. Under such circumstances, mayo is a certainty.

There are two (redundant) holes on the inlet manifold face that communicate with the water passages in the head. A small leak from them will be the most likely cause of coolant pooling around the holes you mention. Change the gasket and ensure the gasket blanks off these holes effectively and check the face of your mainfold not warped or has old gasket still stuck to it or the head face causing the gaslet not to make an effective seal.

205_sunderland

nice to set me worries aside:) mayo turnin oily now after i gave it some stick other night

Sign in to follow this