• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Higgy

Removed Rear Compensators, Passed Mot

Higgy

Hi,

After another MOT debacle involving lack of braking force on one rear wheel, I removed both the compensators (1.9 GTi).

The car has now passed the MOT fine. I can add the brake readings if anyone is interested?

So far, the rears do not seem to brake more than the front, there is still a definate front end bite even with the compensators removed.

For point of reference my braking spec is as follows:

GTi-6 front calipers with standard Pug pads (braided hoses).

Standard rear calipers with standard pads.

Standard 1.9 GTi master cylinder (just bought from GSF for £19!!)

Hope this helps?

Higgy.

Anthony

Same setup that I run but with 1144 pads all round, and again, no problems at all with rear wheel lockup on road or track, rain or shine :)

jim205GTI

thats good to hear as i need to replace the rear lines and if i can get away with not buying compensators as they a little pricey :blink: .....

rogerrally

is one of the angled compensators in the engine bay, to bypass it do you need to make up a short pipe or a threaded coupling?

Edp
is one of the angled compensators in the engine bay, to bypass it do you need to make up a short pipe or a threaded coupling?

On a 1.9 the compensators are underneath the car near the fuel tank. On 1.6 models the compensator is down behind the battery.

Its good to know it past its MOT, i'm going to install full braided lines all the way back from a standard M/C with 307 HDi Calipers up front and standard rears on my sorrento. I didnt want to bother with the compensators due to cost. :)

Ed

Sign in to follow this