• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest donny206

Very Soft Brake Pedal

Guest donny206

I know its not a 205 but i find you guys know alot on here so thought id give it a shot!

I have swaped the whole box ie clutch accel and brake over on my 206 that had a hydraulic clutch setup to another one from a 206 that has a cable clutch and the brake is now very soft indeed and soft all the way to the floor, ive not changed anything but this, the brakes still work and lock up just very soft, as soft as the accel pedal!

Any ideas?

Rippthrough
I know its not a 205 but i find you guys know alot on here so thought id give it a shot!

I have swaped the whole box ie clutch accel and brake over on my 206 that had a hydraulic clutch setup to another one from a 206 that has a cable clutch and the brake is now very soft indeed and soft all the way to the floor, ive not changed anything but this, the brakes still work and lock up just very soft, as soft as the accel pedal!

Any ideas?

Might need the mastercylinder/pedal linkage shimming up - the gap may be too large now.

Guest donny206
Might need the mastercylinder/pedal linkage shimming up - the gap may be too large now.

i was hoping someone may say this other then just bleed em!

any idea how

Rippthrough
i was hoping someone may say this other then just bleed em!

any idea how

Take the master cylinder off (be careful not to twist the brake pipes too much, and put some plastiguage or similar over the rod, put the cylinder back on, take it back off and check the thickness of the plastiguage. I'll be bugger if I can remember what the gap is supposed to be, but I adjusted mine until I could just feel the brakes binding when pushing the car (with the engine running) and then went back a touch and tried it from there.

My adjusting locknut had seized so mines shimmed up with ally foil!

If you go too far your brakes will drag and lock on.

Edited by Rippthrough

Sign in to follow this