• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sorr

Rad Cowling Chopping

sorr

Does anybody have before and after pictures of where to chop the radiator cowling for an Mi conversion. I am sure it is rather obvious when you look, but I only have one cowling so cannot make an arse of it.

Thanks in advance.

maturin23

I don't have any pictures - but you won't make an arse of it.

There won't be much left when you've finished it - just keep taking off whatever is the highest until you can't take any more off. It will become obvious whilst your doing it, I promise!

M@tt

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=51068&hl=

:)

The trick is to look at the cowling side on and draw an imaginary line from the back of the tab which bolts to the slam panel down to the bottom of the rad and chop out anything that gets in the way

Edited by M@tt

sorr

Thanks guys :) . Let the chopping begin!

Paintguy

Matt should know - he's had to do it twice :blink:

sorr
The trick is to look at the cowling side on and draw an imaginary line from the back of the tab which bolts to the slam panel down to the bottom of the rad and chop out anything that gets in the way

Used this advice and it fitted first time and allowed me to retain the original spring clips after a bit of trimming and rebending of them.

Thanks again. :o

Jonmurgie

I've got a chopped cowling your welcome to have if you like... not that far from you either :o

Sign in to follow this