• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

2wd Mi Engine Into A 4bie

acox99

what extra mounts do i need for a 4bie engine? i have a 4bie rolling shell, but i dont have any engine mounts, has anyone got one of the transfer box mounts, or the lower engine mount, or is that the same as the 2WD mount? cheers

Paintguy

Your post is so full of details, I hardly know where to start... :D

I'm guessing by your sig, that you've got a 405 Mi16x4, and are transplanting the whole drivetrain into a 205. If so, you're going to need the x4 bottom mounting, as it's different to the FWD one, to make room for the transfer box.

If you were just going FWD with the x4 block, then you can make a spacer up to bridge the gap between the (FWD) mounting and the block, where there would be a gap (see picture below), as this is what I'll have to do if I ever get around to it, as I also have the x4 version of the Mi lump.

rearmount_1sml.jpg

acox99

sorry, iv made it a bit confusing, i have a 405 4bie shell, with all the drivetrain, but no engine, i have a fwd engine,and i want to try and do a 205 conversion but i dont know what mounts i need to put the fwd engine onto a 4wd running gear, and does anyone have them? or kno what i need.

Edited by acox99

Higgy

Hi,

Both my Mi engines are x4 ones. I had spacers made up for putting a x4 engine into a 205 or 405 FWD appplication.

See what to do HERE!

Also I think I have a full set of x4 engine mounts/transfer box mounts if your interested? PM me for more details.

Higgy.

acox99

im not really explaining myself very well. i want to use a FWD block in 4X4 car, so what extra mounts/addaptions to i need to do for a FWD block to be used in a 4x4 car, i have a 4x4 gearbox and transfer box, just no engine

Paintguy

I understood what you meant the second time around, but was hoping someone else could be of more help :)

I'll try and point Henry Yorke in the direction of this thread, as he was telling me just the other day about someone (his brother?) putting a front wheel drive block, into a 4x4 car. It happened to be the 309 Dimmax4, but it has the same drivetrain as the one you've got.

If I remember rightly, the part of the 2WD block that corresponds with the mounting I've pictured needs grinding off to alow room for the transfer box and associated mounting, but I'll let him explain further. You'll definately need the 4x4 lower rear mount though.

Edited by Paintguy

acox99

thats the trouble, i havnt got the lower mount, and i dont really know where to get one from, unless someone has broken an MIX4 to use the engine in a FWD. cheers that would be good, have you got any pics of his drive train, has he used the original 405 beam?

Higgy

FWD engine in Mi16x4, but keeping x4 running gear. Correct?

You just need to cut off / grind down one of the lugs on the block. Then use all the 4x4 engine mounts and transfer case mounts etc.

You can see from the LINK on my previous post which lug it is. I had to tap the FWD block and use a spacer. You will have to remove the lug until it is roughly flush with the block.

And as I said before. I should have ALL the 4x4 mounting brackets if you want them.

post-6419-1162385850_thumb.jpg

Higgy.

Henry Yorke

Sorry, I only just remembers Paintguy had asked me to reply to this post! :$

Yes you do need to grind off the lug on the block to get it flush so the x4 mount fits. If you haven't got the mounts then I would have Higgy's

As for the 309, it used everything from the 4bie; front subframe, engine, box and rear beam. Here is an as found underneath

More pics here

easypug

I've got a 4x4 block i would swap for a FWD version, PM me.

Baz

Can't be a massive headache to getit all to go together, but you will defo need the x4 lower mount at least as said. -Higgy's. :) I will also now unfortunately have spare 4x4 mounts etc soon. :huh:

Higgy
I've got a 4x4 block i would swap for a FWD version, PM me.

It makes bugger all difference what block you have. Certainly not worth the pain of swapping the internals over.

Converting the blocks from 4WD - 2WD or 2WD - 4WD is easy.

Higgy.

easypug
It makes bugger all difference what block you have. Certainly not worth the pain of swapping the internals over.

Converting the blocks from 4WD - 2WD or 2WD - 4WD is easy.

Higgy.

My blocks bare at the moment waiting for a rebuild though :)

Sign in to follow this