• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Taylor

Engine Help

Guest Taylor

I need help in sourcing some parts as well as figuring out what is what!

I have 3 questions but I think the second 2 are related. Here is a pic of the engine bay:

DSC00009.jpg

First question, what is the connecter that is sitting underneath a pipe just behind the Intake Manifold? Near dead center of the pic?

Second question, My oil filler / resivior is badly damaged, both of the brackets have snapped and there is a hole in the back (front?) of it. This is where I think it connects to question three.. The piece of pipe that is sitting on its own.. i think that should be in the side of the oil resivior, if followed, it leads to this pipe (dead center of pic) underneath the intake mainifold (sorry for the angle of pic!)

DSC00012.jpg

Am I right? and if so where can I get some new pipe and a new resivior?

pug_ham

1. If the connector is brown (I think I can see it, by the HT lead to #3 cylinder & between the two pipes) & has three wires going to it you needn't worry. Its the flywheel sensor for use when the car is plugged into the Peugeot diagnostics / tuning machine. Often removed as they fall down the back of the engine & melt on the exhaust manifold.

It usually sits on top of the rocker cover.

Looking at your second picture, the pipe in the dead centre appears to be the main oil filler to sump hose & there is only a small pipe that branches of the side of that just near where it fits onto the block & that goes to the rocker covr & you can see its connected in your first picture.

There is a pipe that fits onto the block to the side of that which goes to the back of the filler neck. If you take the cap off there should be a pipe just below that top on the back of the neck.

You shoud be able to get a new pipe & reservoir from Peugeot but Miles was looking at getting the pipes made in silicone recently, check his topic in the group buys section.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this