• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jim205GTI

Stupid Question Time

jim205GTI

Right as most know the mi gearbox selector arm is a different shape to the 205 one .....now having got the box already in before my discovery i want to know what else can be done to sort it....... i know the gear rod arm can be bent to match the selector on the box.... but i was wondering if i got gear rod arm from mi or bx would that match up so i wouldn't have to try and bend the arm just swop the arm over :blink: i said it was a stupid one ...probably blindingly obvious what the answer will be but no harm in asking :)

Edited by jim205GTI

Baz

You can swap the arms over, but is a PITA as the little pin will have to be held as you do it or will drop into the box, unretreivable without taking the box to pieces. Apparently it is pretty easy to hook a spanner over the end of the existing Mi arm and bend it a little to the wanted angle. HTH :blink:

jim205GTI

Opps what i think meant to say is the mi L shaped arm ( one which mounts to the subframe) could that be swapped for the 205 one as surely that would the bend in mi selector rod :blink: my brain is frazzled with a head cold and can't seem to type things which make sense :)

Miles

You need the 205 arm, you cannot bend the 405 one as it will be too long, it's easy to swap over, have a search.

But if it does fall in all you need to do is take the diff case off and stick your fingers in

Sign in to follow this