• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Butler

Quaife Atb Lsd. What Gearbox's Does It Fit?

Butler

Boys and Girls.

Will the Quaife in my BE3 gearbox, fit a 306 GTi-6/Rallye?

Whats involved in removing from a 205 and re-fitting into a 306, does the gearbox have to be removed in both cases?

Cheers!

boombang

Yes it will fit.

Obviously remove shafts, then the rear diff housing cover - easy access to the diff.

If in car you will have to drop the subframe off and maybe push the engine forwards a touch.

Probably get away with the same in the 306 too.

Butler

great. cheers

VisaGTi16v

Can you not tilt the engine forward enough by unbolting the lower mount on the subframe?

jackherer

I've never fitted a quaiffe but I've swapped standard diffs on the car without removing the subframe, I just tilted the engine forward by undoing the lower engine mount as suggested by VisaGTi16v.

pug_ham

The only difference might be the inner ends of the driveshafts are different where they fit into the diff.

I know the later Be3's fitted to the 306 & 405 etc have a different diff & the 205 shafts don't fit in properly.

Miles might be able to say for certain.

Graham.

Butler

Thanks G.

Miles?

Edited by Butler

Hilgie

Partly true. The short 205 driveshaft does not completely slide into the diff on the later types, because the diff is stronger and bigger. It can be solved by replacing the gearboxside of the shaft by one off a 406/306.

However, the Quaiffe fits ALL BE boxes, so BE1, BE3, BE3/6 and BE4.

No problem with driveshafts then.

Sign in to follow this