• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
roland rat

Mi Into A 205with Motronic 1.3

roland rat

ive had the 205 just over a year and ive loved every moment of it.but recently ive being itching upgrade the engine for something a little more powerful.ive been told the easiest engine to fit would me an mi due to the fact that my 205 is running a cat engine and has motronic 1.3(i thinkl fitted as standard)if heard its just a case of fitting the engine and fitting three wires.if it is that simple im on the hunt for an mi unit!!!! :D:lol::D

cybernck

yes it's that simple, but you need a mi16 ecu (motronic 1.3 too) and an engine that used that ecu.

i don't know how was it in the uk (they either didn't have lambda or knock sensor until very late in production),

so you'll only need a wire for the idle valve and one for the knock or lambda :lol:.

do a search, it has been mentioned before.

B1ack_Mi16
yes it's that simple, but you need a mi16 ecu (motronic 1.3 too) and an engine that used that ecu.

i don't know how was it in the uk (they either didn't have lambda or knock sensor until very late in production),

so you'll only need a wire for the idle valve and one for the knock or lambda :lol:.

do a search, it has been mentioned before.

I'm pretty sure the DFW 147bhp management will work just fine on a D6C 160bhp engine.

It'll just retard ignition if the ignition curve is too advanced in certain areas.

Just move over the knock-sensor from your existing engine as most D6C's don't have the knock sensor (there are some late D6C running Motronic 1.3 and these will have it).

roland rat

so you'll only need a wire for the idle valve and one for the knock or lambda :blush:.

any idea which k engines have the knock sensor fitted?its it 1905alloy block,1905iron block s16/zx lumps? :(

taylorspug

My alloy block MI has a knock sensor and Motronic 1.3, came from a 1991 BX IIRC. :(

taffycrook

You have the perfect base for an mi16 conversion just use any engine and swop any parts you require for the management.

If you need a hand just pm. I am local.

roland rat
You have the perfect base for an mi16 conversion just use any engine and swop any parts you require for the management.

If you need a hand just pm. I am local.

mate you are a star!!

Sign in to follow this