• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Home Made Brakes

brianthemagical

i'm looking into fitting/making the above. i was thinking just a cylinder and the a bar as the lever. confused as to what cylinder to use. did a quick searsh and reservoir-less MC's were mentioned. is it just a case of plumbing the brake line into the inlet and out of the outlet and having functioning brakes still? any ideas where a cheap/ second hand one may be found i.e oe on any cars? what about clutch slave cylinders? can the orgional compensaters be used instead of an aftermarket bias valve? thanks for the help.

Edited by brianthemagical

RossD
i'm looking into fitting/making the above. i was thinking just a cylinder and the a bar as the lever. confused as to what cylinder to use. did a quick searsh and reservoir-less MC's were mentioned. is it just a case of plumbing the brake line into the inlet and out of the outlet and having functioning brakes still? any ideas where a cheap/ second hand one may be found i.e oe on any cars? what about clutch slave cylinders? can the orgional compensaters be used instead of an aftermarket bias valve? thanks for the help.

Is this for a track/rally car, as hydraulic handbrakes are not legal for road use in the UK :lol:

Butler

either run a seperate lever or get the same lever to pick up the hydraulics and cables, which I have done and MOT is fine.

Ryan
hydraulic handbrakes are not legal for road use in the UK :(

They are, as long as they are either on a seperate hydraulic circuit, or have a mechanical backup.

If you leave the existing handbrake cables in place, but adjust them so that they are just slack enough not to do anything unles you loose hydraulic pressure then they are fine.

brianthemagical

it will be for a road rally car. the hydralic handbrake will be a non-ratcheting type seperate from the cable lever.

Sign in to follow this