• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

Clifford Alarm Siren Problems

yeti-dj

hello, my 'really good' clifford alarm has decided that its time to start having another problem. Its the concept 50x and now the siren doesnt make any noise at all even if i trip the alarm, indicators flash so it is being set off but not a noise from the siren, anybody got any ideas or do i need a new siren if so are these easy to fit?

by the way if any body is buying an alarm DO NOT buy a clifford, i have had nothing but grief from this piece of junk, mind you it looks like it was installed by a proffesional but he was a pro plumber...

hope someone can help....

Wes

sounds like the siren has packed up, so was it fitted by an approved installer? if it was just take it back and they will replace it. i had the same thing go wrong with mine but it was fine otherwise.

yeti-dj

had the alarm now for 2 years so not under warranty still and quoted £100 fitted to replace it and when i asked how much for the siren on its own got told i couldnt do it that way had to be fitted by a qualifed engineer, its 3 wires how hard can i be? just love the service you get from some shops, they are on George street in Aberdeen can you guess who???

anybody any ideas where i can get a siren for the concept 50 x?

thanks..

Wes

i changed mine myself, just chopped the wires one by one and joined them to the new one. find out if all the sirens are the same from all cliffords, you might be lucky and find one at a scrappy!

Trick

I`ll give my mate a call - is in an approved installer....

was the alarm new when fitted 2 yrs ago?

Last Legend

anybody any ideas where i can get a siren for the concept 50 x?

thanks..

Ebay?If its only 2 Years old I though Cliffords had a lifetime warranty,I once had to phone Clifford HQ in England and the woman I spoke to was really rude,I ended up writing a letter to the American HQ they did apoligise but I still though it was poor service.

yeti-dj

hello, ye i called the HQ and got told i had to call the local shop and somehow there isnt 1 in Edinburgh, how i dont know but the nearest is in Glasgow.

Looks like the alarm has started to beep again so maybe the 205 gremlins have fixed it???

Sign in to follow this