• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

2.0 Turbo Upgrade

peter

Been thinking about the DP Engineering 250hp kit but its such a large chunck of cash all in one go so was thinking, Buy a pre manurfactured tubular turbo manifold cheap off ebay somthing like a nissan 200sx or similar cuting the manifold flange off and making a new one for my engine and welding it on at the and it may even be possible to fit the nissan turbo to its original flange at the other end.Then fabricate a down pipe.

Im sure there will be a few problems somewhere with the idea though!

Cheers

welshpug

IIRC that manifold youre hinking of will nearly bolt straight on anyway! you just need to match the stud drilings.

the manofold itself might be totally the wrong shape to fit the engine bay though as they sit on the opposite side to Pug manifolds.

tom_m

space is going to be the biggest issue i think

peter

space is never an issue with a big hammer ;)

But realy looking at the nissan one it only measures at most 7" accross and there is more than that amount of space from the head to the bulk head.

Ill see if there is a cheap enought one on ebay.

dee205

My mate has a crashed 200sx sitting in his garage!

So you're saying the manifold and turbo should fit with little modding? A bit of chop and weld for the downpipe, some custom intake pipes.

Sounds too easy to me. But I like the sound of it.

dee205

Feck! Just read it's a 2l 8v you got. No use for an Mi then is it?

peter

well what i was thinking if you chop the flange that bolts to the head off you could bend/modify the tubes into the correct position then weld them to a new flange easy! :(

tom_m
space is never an issue with a big hammer :(

But realy looking at the nissan one it only measures at most 7" accross and there is more than that amount of space from the head to the bulk head.

Ill see if there is a cheap enought one on ebay.

its not the distance from the head to the bulkhead (to which you need to add the size of the turbo too) that i was thinking about, but the depth, i think you'll find the 200sx manifold will drop down right into the space your gear linkage currently occupies.

dee205

What turbo does the 200 sx use? It's a Garrett I know that much but I was wondering what rev range it uses.

I've heard it doesn't give a bang until around 3k rpm which would make a good option although I might need an Mi 5th gear keep off big boost cruising.

Sorry for the hijack too!

Damien

johnrobertgordon
What turbo does the 200 sx use? It's a Garrett I know that much but I was wondering what rev range it uses.

I've heard it doesn't give a bang until around 3k rpm which would make a good option although I might need an Mi 5th gear keep off big boost cruising.

Sorry for the hijack too!

Damien

The 200 sx uses the t25, its quite a small turbo which should spool up pretty quick. Its pretty much the same as what you have. The only reason for buying one would be to use it with a less restrictive manifold such as the TT manifold. The turbo you have has a different flange so cant be used on other manifolds.

EDIT: should really read right through the thread before replying.

Edited by johnrobertgordon

Ryan

Only the S13 (early model with pop-up lights) has a T25. The later models all have a T28.

welshpug

and the fanimold has the turbo on the far right hand end so it would put it right over the wrong side of the engine bay, maybe one off a pulsar might do?

or was it a mitsubishi tubular item that had similar port spacing? best bet is to contace a few manufacturers of aftermarket manifolds and check what the port spacigns are liek, stud spacigns and patterns can be sorted easily.

sonofsam

Pulsar and 200sx have the same engines dont they?

Going to bag me one of them T28's pretty soon:D

Guest andy309goodwood

just a quicky but looking on flebay you can pick up gt28rs's and S/S tubular manifolds for about 260 notes inc postage how ever the placing of the turbo is different but as theres not much difference in price i might get one and have a play with the manifold and see where it places the turbo

here is the link i found hope it helps

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-240s...emZ150049128425

Sign in to follow this