• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Bolt Specs?

brianthemagical

i'm after the dimentions of the bolt that holds the bottom of the alternator tensioning braket on a power steering d6b. the pug computors don't have it and the online parts site doesn't have it either. any help would be greatly appretiated. thanks.

welshpug

ummmmm, cant figure out which bolt it is youre on about, any chance of a piccy? as IIRC it may be the same as a bolt on a derv that ive been working on!

brianthemagical
click. the arrow is pointing to the bolt hole on the alternator tensioner braket. thats the one. thanks.

Ryan

It's a standard M10, 20-25mm long iirc.

brianthemagical

thanks.

pug_ham
It's a standard M10, 20-25mm long iirc.

M10? Sure you don't mean M8?

It is on the non pas 8v's.

Graham.

Ryan

It doesn't bolt onto the front of the block like on the non-pas models. It goes through a threaded hole in the corner of the end cover like on the mi16. I'm fairly sure the bolt from the non-pas setup is too small.

I'm pretty sure it was M10, but I'll double-check later when I get chance...

Ryan

It's definitely M10 on the mi16 (it's only listed on the 309gti16 page though from what I can see).

Searching for the part number doesn't come up with a match for the 205 though, so it could be M8 or M10...

brianthemagical

thanks for the help. at least it's some where to start. bolts don't cost that much so trial and error is the way. thanks again.

Sign in to follow this