• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tom pug

Water Temp

tom pug

Can anyone give me an idea which sending unit in the engine bay is responsible for transmitting to the temperature gauge on the instrument panel i dont have any reading would this more likely be the sender or the gauge itself thanks tom

welshpug

err?! hahaa!

what car and engine is it?!

peter

Im gessing it would be a 205 GTI :)

The sender is behind/under the distributor but i cant remmember off the top of my head which is which (there are three) but i think its the larger brown one but thats on my 2.0 turbo so im not 100% it is raley the gauge its self that fails probly the sender or a poor connection.

tom pug
err?! hahaa!

what car and engine is it?!

1.6 205 gti

tom pug
Im gessing it would be a 205 GTI :)

The sender is behind/under the distributor but i cant remmember off the top of my head which is which (there are three) but i think its the larger brown one but thats on my 2.0 turbo so im not 100% it is raley the gauge its self that fails probly the sender or a poor connection.

well guessed yeh i have a large brown sender i ll check it out thanks tom

steve@cornwall
well guessed yeh i have a large brown sender i ll check it out thanks tom

follow these wires back to the connector under the afm and check the connections here- often corroded

welshpug

"brown multiplug" search under that :)

tom pug
follow these wires back to the connector under the afm and check the connections here- often corroded
thanks cleaned them up and the gauge is fully working

Sign in to follow this