• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
easypug

[trackday_prep] Start Of A New Project..

easypug

A few parts to add to the list of things to go on, these won't be fitted untill some time next year but you get the idea as to where i'm going with it. I still need to get the actual sump and all the hoses etc... :)

IMGP2006.jpg

IMGP2007.jpg

easypug

Another day of ordering bits and i now have these items winging there way to me:

Automec brake line kit

Goodridge braided brake lines

Track rod ends

Handbrake cables

I decided to get the Automec kit as i really won't have enough time to make the lines myself on the friday evening. I'll let people know about the quality of the lines etc.. once there fitted. More pictures to come on the weekend :D

Also have some Mi16 rods on the way to replace the oval'd one that came out the engine i brought. I will have all i need to build the engine this weekend but some how don't think i'll have the time to build and fit the engine after the MOT.

edit: i thought i would put up a running costs list to show how much is spent on things. Mainly to show any people who are considering doing the same sort of things in the future. I'll get on it at the weekend when i have more receipts to go through. :)

edit2: | | | Thats good news, at least it should make my life a little easier when i should be on the piss on friday! :ph34r:

\/\/\/

Edited by easypug

sonofsam

The Automec Kits really are great :ph34r: You shouldn't have to much bother fitting them.Best to get all the curled

up lines straigtened out first then go for the fitting.

Keep up the good work :D

Sam.

28CRAIG

Now i know what i am going to be doing friday night.

easypug

Few more parts received through the week, again nothing particually exciting mind :P

Some people might notice a theme with this weeks parts :)

IMGP2008_001.jpg

easypug

Grrrr... if its not something its something else! I got all things on except a rear caliper due to the bleed nipple snapping on TWO seperate calipers. By the time i had sourced another replacement it was to late for the MOT :).

IMGP2010_001.jpg

Edited by easypug

easypug

I painted the cage as it was looking a little bit on the pooh side so its gone from this:

IMGP1996.jpg

To this:

SP_A0020.jpg

In the above picture you can see a head which has been skimed and will be the temp head before i get some thing done from QEP :). Its on top of the block with the white cloth over it :). Oh and i got some door bars aswell :)

Also for the time being untill my dry sump set up is complete i will be using this sump/baffle combo.

SP_A0018.jpg

SP_A0019.jpg

Oh and finaly MOT'd up :)

Edited by easypug

28CRAIG

The extra layer off paint on the cage is going to slow you down.