• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrainFluid

The Best Way Of Measuring Up Spacers?

Guest BrainFluid

Right then...Seen as I now have a full set of half leathers for my Gti, I have now got a spare pair of nice red and black seats out of a citroen bx that I now know that I want to permanantly fit into the Td.

The holes are the right distance apart lenght ways so getting one side of the runners to fit is not a problem, but they are about an inch wider and have to make some spacers up to secure them properly.

What is the best way of measuring these up? I know the holes dont make an exact square you see and my trigonomatry (also my spelling) isnt that hot!

Also should I go for 2 spacers? Or one big fat one?

Any previous experience would be very helpfull. I have searched but the list is so long and I'm not getting anywhere :)

Guest BrainFluid

Okay then. Using ones noggin. If both of the sliders fit but they are just too wide apart...Maybe all that needs doing is measuring exactly how much wider they are apart, get hold of a piece of metal and drill two holes in it that are exactly that far apart...

Seems obvious, but is it as easy as that???

sonofsam

It helps when templating stuff like this out to have some draftsmen quality tracing paper to plot stuff down on.Then a mock-up in cardboard.

After you know its exact, make the spacer plates:)

IF you need some metal strips Nate, gimme a shout.Although postage might a bit 'on top'

Sam.

Guest BrainFluid

Arr!

Wise words m'hearty, may you forever be in possession of good rum and fine whores! :)

boombang

Splice the mainbrace!

Gaaaaaaaar!

steve@cornwall

Any easier to fit the 205 subframes to the bx seats? There's a template posted in the tech section for adapting 405 seats that could probably be adapted v. easily

Guest BrainFluid

Ive tried positioning the seats in place but they are so wide that they could not sit in the middle :)

The sliders of the seat closest to the handbrake surround have to go exactly on the existing holes of the surround gets in the way...Otherwise thats exactly what I'ld do mate.

Arr.

Sign in to follow this