• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
himbigchief

Brake Hoses For Brembo 4 Pots

himbigchief

Does anybody have the specs for the hoses required when fitting the Brembo 4 Pots from a 406 onto a 309 or 205 using Xantia 283mm discs? I've got some on the way, and I've been told that the standard front flexi's don't fit the Brembo's, so I need to get some stainless steel braided hoses made up or bought. Because I don't yet have the calipers, I was wondering if anybody knew the dimenions and what unions are required on the hoses? I've heard of needing a 90degree end for the caliper, but was wondering if anyone knew exactly what parts are required? Or if anyone knew of somewhere to get the hoses ready made?

Also, if I'm upgrading to the 4 Pots, I'm assuming I'm going to need a bigger M/C, so was wondering what one I should go for? Is it the 406 1.8 (pre 98) one I need?

James

Miles

I;ve got the hose that's needed in the Garage off my 309 with Brembo's, I can measure it up and get a couple made in a few days if your intrested along with the 90 degree elbow as the outlet is in the middle/back of the caliper

himbigchief

Yes please mate! Any idea on cost? Also, I'm assuming they'd be braided stainless?

cybernck

definately go for swivel 90-degree connector on the caliper end.

Is it the 406 1.8 (pre 98) one I need?

ideally you want a non-ABS pre-98 (with 23 stamped on it), as it's the right fitting *and* 4-port :).

works like a charm with 4-pots as a bonus :).

himbigchief

You mean these ones here:

BENDIX/ATE n/a 132735130 MASTER CYLINDER 406 W/O ABS .

W/O ABS £67.60

Same part is £44.38 + VAT and delivery from brakepart.co.uk. Anyone else know where to get a cheap master cylinder from?

Miles

The brake pipes I make up for the GTi6 calipers work out around the £35 mark, I know the swivel joints add a few quid so bank around £40.00 ish, Drop me a PM and I'll get a price for you next week

Hilgie

I made this and it fits the original 205 hose:

P6090133.sized.jpg

Sign in to follow this