• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Spray Bar Washer Jets

TaffyTim

After reading SamGti's thread on washer jets I thought Id have a go at fitting some spray bars from a 405 on my 205. My washer jets only spray thier water about 3 inches, this then hits my screen below the wiper blades and is very useless.

Ive read a few threads on the job and they mainly say that its quite an easy task and when you seen the 405 its quite straight forward on what parts you need to take. Which is true.

There was only one 405 that had the spray bars left in my local scrappy so i cut them off and paid 50p each. Some people have said that you need to take the blade with the bars already attatched, in my case the passenger spray bar was already detatched from the blade, so it looked easier to cut them both off and cable tie them both to my existing blades.

I then poped to Halfords to pick up some cable ties and extra tubing and came home to start the task having paid £6.50 for the 2 items.

After a bit of messing about, measuring up and cable tie attatching the spray bars to the original wiper blades:

* I managed to use the main original tube to go from the washer bottle to the first wiper blade.

* I then used the original 3 way connector to attatch the passenger spray bar.

* I then ran a new length of tube from the remaining connection point to the second wiper blade.

* I then used the original 'L' shape connector to connect the new length of tube to the spray bar.

* I then cable tied the tubing to the plastic mesh to give the conecting points stability.

Spraybar002.jpg

Spraybar001.jpg

The results are a vast improvement on the washer jets and i would recomend to anyone. One slight problem i have is that my passenger jets only spray half way up the bar and dont give a full covering. I will source a new one soon and replace which will take 2 mins.

Some people have said that the results are ugly, I dont think that they will be noticeable, especially from afar. Heres some pics for you to decide.

Spraybar003.jpg

Spraybar004.jpg

Spraybar005.jpg

Edited by TaffyTim

welshpug

pretty damn good idea there, did mine over a year ago :P

what I have done with mine though is to route the hose under the scuttle panel to keep it all hidden, they just pop out via neat little holes drilled in the plastic. might add some extra connectors like the 405 uses to save the hose from chafing in the holes.

And if you get the clips that hold the spray bars on they do actually fit onto Bosch wiper blades so no need for the zip ties, only on the hose itself

Baz

BX's also have a similar spray bar arrangement that could be pilfered and adapted. :(

Also, an old trick, route the feed round a coolant hose for heated washers. :P

jackherer
BX's also have a similar spray bar arrangement that could be pilfered and adapted. :(

Xantias have a really neat hidden one under the rear wiper arm, you literally cannot see it at all, unlike the BX ones which are pretty obvious :P

timmsy19

mat have to get out and rob the one of my mums xantia :(

Edited by timmsy19

cybernck

i've got a pair of a 405 waiting for me to fit them too :(.

taffytim> can you email me the text and pics to admin@205gtidrivers.com please?

and include the remarks about routing pipes around the coolant hose and under the scuttle panel.

thanks.

pug_ham
BX's also have a similar spray bar arrangement that could be pilfered and adapted. :)

These are what I've got on my car.:)

Graham.

TaffyTim
i've got a pair of a 405 waiting for me to fit them too :).

taffytim> can you email me the text and pics to admin@205gtidrivers.com please?

and include the remarks about routing pipes around the coolant hose and under the scuttle panel.

thanks.

done

Sign in to follow this