• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m.i-man

Dimma Wheels Bolt Question

m.i-man

On Dimma wheels, are the back of the three piece rim threaded to accept the bolts? Or are there holes for the bolt to push through and nuts on the back of them?

The reason I ask this, is because I am after some new bolts for my wheels, as they're being recon'd, but I was advised to get a certain brand of bolt used by the likes off bbs.... these are £144 just for the bolts, they do not come with nuts, as they are designed to thread into the wheel.

Are my wheels odd by having nuts on the backs? Or was this a normal way for compomotive/Dimma in their methods of construction?

Banjo

My Dimma's have nuts on the back, just stainless allen headed bolts and nylocks by the looks of em..

Ben

welshpug

I'd contact Dimma to fin dout if they have aby left or what grade of steel/stainless steel they recommend, then get down to a fasteners stockist.

m.i-man

I'd think they'd just be A2 grade stainless. I was just making sure that other Dimma wheels were held together in the same way, as I didn't know if once upon a time they were threaded rims that had been drilled out or something crazy.

No offence to Dimma, but I don't think they'd be much help as from past experience when it comes to technical questions, they can't remember. But then the car was built 15 odd years ago, so can't blame them!!

But I am happy to order some new bolts knowing this is the way they were originally put together.

Thanks for the replies guys. :P

Henry Yorke

On my brothers 309 Dimma, a couple of the rims were bent. He managed to get some other outers but they had narrower bolt holes, so they had to be drilled out (M8 IIRC) to get the proper bolts through.

Remember Compomitive made the rims. I phoned them up and you can still get the bits for the rims, except the centres. the rims have part numbers stamped on the edges so they will be able to tell you which bolts you need to put them back together. You would be lucky to get in touch with Terry @ Dimma now and he couldn't even remember how many 309's he built originally!! Geoff built them all and terry just marketed them.

m.i-man

That's strange, the bolts in my wheels are m6's. Maybe I'll see if m8's fit the rims whent hey come backm from the refurb.

I contacted them as I wanted the original stickers that were on the Dimmas they built, but they sent me something the size of a small house. Not really what was on the car originally, so I'll get some made up locally.

Banjo

The reason a lot of BBS wheels only use bolts is because most of them are two piece not three piece so have more meat to thread.

Ben

Sign in to follow this