• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

106 Hubs On 205 Beam

acox99

am i right in thinking these fit onto a 1.9 rear beam? or am i being silly, just i thought i read they did somwhere.

tom_m

i'm pretty sure I remember Hilgie speculating about using 106 hubs on a 205 rear beam for a 4wd conversion, if memory serves that is...

Hilgie

Yeah I did. 106 base model front bearings + hubs fitted to modified 205 rear arms. Still working on this basically. Project hasn't been finished yet.

acox99

have you got any pics you could email me of how its coming along, im picking up my MIx4 rolling shell next tues so will be starting the project myself soon, how are you getting around the transfer box problem

Hilgie

No pics yet unfortunately, but can make some soon.

The gearbox and transferbox will be used just like in a normal Mi16x4 setup. The subframe needs to be modified to fit the propshaft

The reardiff will be mounted on a bracket. Driveshafts will be made from 2 parts, Mi16x4 on the diff side and 106 on the hubs side.

acox99

is the engine going to be standard, so not to knacker the transfer box, as they are prone to being weak. yeah would be good to see some pics when they are done. is it going to be a track or road car? Any idea what mods the sub frame needs, as i havnt researched into this yet? is it a fairly easy mod with the use of a welder?

Hilgie

it's going to be a road car with around 350 bhp

XUD11 bottomend, with Mi16 head and GT28RS turbo.

acox99

sounds like its going to one hell of a car when its done. How do front hubs attach to the rear beam? sorry for all the questions, and will 106 driveshafts take the amount of torque you will be putting through them

efy2bjg

I would have thought that the driveshafts would be fine as each one is only taking a 1/4 of the engine torque instead of 1/2 in a 2wd setup?

Ben

jackherer
I would have thought that the driveshafts would be fine as each one is only taking a 1/4 of the engine torque instead of 1/2 in a 2wd setup?

Ben

if only one wheel has traction then 100% of available torque will be transmitted to that wheel...

efy2bjg

Good point! But can the transfer box transfer ALL the torque to either front or rear depending on traction?

Hilgie

The transferbox can't transfer ALL power to one wheel.

Sign in to follow this