• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
5150maxie

Clutch Arm

5150maxie

where the best place to get a clutch arm and top and bottom bushes for a be3 mi16 box.The pin on the arm will not come out so my aswell get new one?

ALEX

Drill the old pin out and replace it with a nut and bolt.

The pin is made from soft metal and I managed drilling it out with a almost flat battery drill in the rain and mud in a scrap yard.

I had to replace my clutch arm as mine broke due to a stiff clutch.

Bushes can be bought from Dean Hunter 01977677887 or

Auto five.

Miles

Get them from Peugeot Direct, part numbers 217520 and 217521

at £1.11 & £0.96 each, The cross shaft is 211525 and is £42.49 which is worth doing as the shaft's go rusty at the bottom and leaves play in it

5150maxie

nice one i will ring peugeot tomorrow.one more thing where the top bush goes in theres a bit fall off just where it clips in to ive got the peices can they be welded back in?

Miles

Some can some can;t as the casting quality varies allot, from crap to OK

5150maxie
Some can some can;t as the casting quality varies allot, from crap to OK
would it be ok to just us it with the bush in place it fits nice and tight?im try to find some one round here who does alloy cast repairs.

madmat

Did this the other day on the 405,(pull clutch)i couldnt get the drill in to drill it out as the box was still in the car,instead i filed 2 flats on the pin and used a engineers type clamp to grip it,then after a bit of twist and pull it came out,the pin looked like stainless to me but it still rusted in!

Get the bushes from pug as miles said,my local dealer even had them in stock :D

As for your top bush,if it still locks in place and is tight it might not be worth the hassle of welding.

5150maxie

i got the bushes from my local dealer this morning,its the first time they've had what i want in stock there and then.The top bush is clipt nice and tight seems a bit brittle the piece that fall of though.

Edited by 5150maxie

Sign in to follow this