• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dodsworth_gti

Problems Again

dodsworth_gti

hi

i have a 206 1.6 gti

it is losing power by what seems the day although that might just be me imaginanging it lol,basically it all started i was at the gtioc rr day,and i made poo power to what it should be really,or what it was lol!!

so i took it up to bogg brothers and he said it has definatly lost power,wont pull past 5000rpm very well and has nothing there!!

the engine should only have aout 5000 miles on it if that tbh as it was rebuilt!!

power wise we have yammy bike carbs,piper 285 cam,p&p and a magnex system!!!

not sure what the problem is but to me it sounds like it is playing jingle bells when driving,comeing from the cam area!!!

boggys re jetted the jets up a size and gave the needles a bit more lift and still nothing really!!!

few people have said it could be losing fuel presure due to me still having a standard fuel pump!!

any help you could give me would be good

thanks a lot

ben :wacko:

j_turnell

Take the rocker cover off and check the valve clearances as aftermarket cams are prone to wear quickly. Also check your oil spray bar isnt blocked.

dodsworth_gti

how do i check if the oil spray bar is blocked???ive not really done much with engines tbh,i can take them to bits and put back together but not test things!! lol

thanks ben

j_turnell

well it will be obvious as there will be no oil on a lobe and signs of heat on it. Best way is to take it off and blow it through with an air line.

dodsworth_gti

will try this weekend,its been said it could be the exhaust manifold aswell???? not sure on that though lol

thanks ben

Sign in to follow this